Saturday, April 15, 2006

Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King

I've been playing this game for much of today and am absolutely loving it. It simply opitimizes exactly what I like about the Japanese role-playing games and feels very much like old Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) games I used to play. It's a lot harder than most other JapRPGs I've played though, especially as the monsters in regular encounters are much more of a challenge. The art style of the game is also pretty good as well, probably as it was done by the same artist who did Dragonball Z and some of the animations are quite amusing. Overall it's a fun game experience and I think there will be many hours wiled away levelling up my little computerised avatars and smacking around monsters.

Hopefully it won't affect blogging too much ;)